Tragopan has designed a new realistic Camo understorey pattern by incoroporating green vegetation which is more suitable for multi-season use by the wildlife photographer.
Going forward, this new pattern will be the default pattern for all Tragopan Hides and accessories.
All the windows have been redesigned to fix two weak points on previous models: waterproofness, and making the windows quieter to open and close, or set up and remove the sleeves.
To avoid water leaking along the shooting window, we’ve added a screen which entirely covers the shooting window from outside. This screen is opened with two ropes that can be operated silently from inside the Hide.
The various sleeves and mesh screen are now fixed using small clips which replace the noisier “Velcro” tape and zipper.
The small survey windows have been replaced by small sleeves that can be opened and closed with a small rope and will fit a small telephoto lens (e.g. 400 F/5,6) or binoculars. These windows give the photographer improved visibility around the hide.
This Hide has been made with a waterproof 150D polyester, combining lightness with strength. The Hide is delivered in a carrying bag comprising two straps, allowing it to be carried as a backpack, or a shoulder bag, or even fixed in the front of a camera backpack.
Similarl to a pop up tent, This Hide is constructed from 4 metal frames which will pop up once the Hide is taken out from its carrying bag.
The deployment is controlled by firmly handling the frame while removing it from its carrying bag. The Hide will unfold itself as soon as you let go.
The Hide is delivered with 2 additional poles to expand the roof. To attach, the pole tip must be placed inside the Hide on the webbing that is stitched at mid-height in each corner. By using the two crossing poles, the Hide roof will raise 15 cm higher.
While the use of these poles is optional, we advise them to be used in case of rain to avoid water accumulation on the roof, or for example if the Hide is to be left in the field for longer periods of time, especially in inclement weather.
For additional reinforcement, the Hide is delivered with 8 stakes: 4 stakes to fix to the ground using the webbing stitched at the base of the 4 corners of the hide, and 4 extra stakes and guy wires in case of stronger winds for added reinforcement.
To further enhance the camouflage, on each side of the Hide, a total of 12 thin cords are attached to the outside of the Hide to allow you to fix additional natural elements from the local habitat : leaves, branches, grasses etc.
The Hide has a single door that can be opened and closed from both inside and outside with a thick zipper. The door can be half-opened, creating a large mesh window with a zipped opening in its centre for your lens.
Two opposing sides of the Hide, on each side of the main shooting window, also have zip windows with mesh screens. These are specially designed to be able to be opened silently, for example for opportunistic pictures when wildlife approaches from the side. Each of these windows, as well as the door, includes a peephole.
The main shooting side of the Hide has the following window and opening configuration :
- A low level opening to allow placement of a tripod leg outside the Hide. This opening also facilitates taking images at ground level, as well as using a 45° eyepiece scope for digiscoping. This opening is made of a zip with 4 zippers. The 2 zippers in the middle create the opening for the tripod leg. The one below creates an inverted T shape window at 15 cm above the ground, and the one on the top creates a T shape window which is ideal for using a 45° eyepiece scope from a comfortable position.
- One main rectangular window which fit the removable sleeves and screens described below.
- Every main window has a small window sleeve at eye level to survey outside of the Hide which can be operated with a thin rope and a stopper. These sleeves can be fixed open and close silently.
The GROUSE V+ is delivered with a set of removable windows and sleeves:
- an opaque rectangular sleeve with a small integrated zipped opening which is ideal for a speedlight or simply for observation. The entire system is fixed by small clips. This sleeve is also sold separately here.
- A mesh rectangular sleeve fixed by small clips. This sleeve can also be purchased separately here.
- A mesh screen with a slot in the middle which are fixed by small clips.
It is now possible to attach an awning to the Photohide Grouse V+, it offers more space inside the hide or allows to take pictures at ground level., You can purchase it separately.